- Demonstrated proficiency with at least 2 high-level programming languages
- Demonstrable expertise with developing and maintaining test automation frameworks, automation code base, and execution environments to support testing efforts
- Experience writing test automation against Web UI, handling dynamic content and asynchronous updates
- Experience writing automated integrated tests against REST API (synchronous and asynchronous calls) using high-level languages and/or tools such as Postman.
- Experience creating and/or maintaining reliable continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience with Configuration Management (CM) solutions such as Chef or Puppet, and knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) process and principles (declarative and imperative) to provision and manage server instances.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization, parameterization and best practices of related CM recipes, scripts, DSL constructs as well as test automation execution.
- Experience with cloud computing platform and services to create and maintain all testing and production environments
- Ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, and a professional business demeanor
- Culturally, the candidate will be collaborative, able to learn quickly, and accountable for results
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent, with 8 or more years’ experience with Software Development, DevOps, or Infrastructure engineering in support of Web and/or Mobile applications
- Experience working as a team member on Scrum or Kanban teams is helpful
- Experience with C#, .NET languages, principles, and design patterns highly preferred
- Experience with any of the following Web UI automation tools is desirable: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber or other BDD frameworks, SpecFlow, NUnit or equivalent test frameworks
- Experience using automation frameworks against modern Web Applications using AngularJS, ReactJS, NodeJS
- Continuous integration and delivery tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins and Octopus
- Integration of test automation within a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline(s) and methods for test results and reports to flow back into the pipeline dashboards
- Experience with performance testing tools and approaches for Web applications
- Experience with IaC tools, such as: Chef, Puppet, Salt, DSC, Ansible, Docker
- Proficient with scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, bash, Ruby, Chef DSL, Terraform or other automation languages to automate build, deploy, and configuration management processes
- Experience working with AWS managed service solutions such as: VPC, EC2, IAM, S3, ELB, RDS, CloudFormation and OpsWorks
- Applying AWS managed service solutions to supporting all testing and production environments, demonstrating best practices of how and where to apply
Why work for WorkWave?
Voted one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey, WorkWave is unique in that it has a large, established base of loyal customers but also has enormous growth opportunities in multiple areas. We are transforming the field service industry, one customer at a time, by building intuitive, best in class cloud-based software, mobile apps and high-value services that solve key pain points our customers face every day, allowing them to save money, save time and improve customer service levels, all at the same time. To do this, we focus on 3 simple things: (1) Hiring and developing great people, (2) Building great products quickly and (3) Turning customers and employees into raving fans. We’re looking for individuals that are passionate about and can help us deliver on those 3 simple (but hard to achieve) tenets.
Work here...Wave hello to a job you’ll love! This position is based at our home office in the historic Bell Works complex located in Holmdel Township, New Jersey.
We offer a robust benefits package, including health and dental, paid time off, a 401k with company match and a great environment filled with energetic, fun, team oriented people. Most importantly, at WorkWave, there IS such a thing as free lunch. By bringing in lunch from local businesses Monday through Thursday for our entire NJ staff, we support local business and offer a great perk, all at the same time. On Fridays, we encourage employees to take advantage of the hour lunch break away from their desks and explore what the Bell Works “Metro-Burb” has to offer!
We value people who are smart, passionate and get things done. Fit is the most important criteria for us when hiring. So, when we say “fit,” what does that mean to us? To “fit” at WorkWave you must be:
- Energetic and Outgoing: People can feel your energy through the phone and see it when you walk in the door. You love what you do and meeting new people and it shows
- Get Things Done: You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves, take responsibility and make things happen as an individual contributor but also know how to drive your team to do the same. Once you start them, you like to finish things, not just “checking the box” but making sure that they get done and done right.
- Empathetic and Respectful: You truly appreciate other’s perspectives. You put yourself in others shoes and go out of your way to ensure that all perspectives are heard and understood before decisions are taken
- Intellectually Curious: You love learning about people, products, and finding new ways to create connections with stakeholders.
- Willing to Make Mistakes and Intellectually Honest When You Do: You are not afraid to make mistakes and, when you do, you admit them, learn from them and ensure they don’t get repeated in the future. Placing blame and spending time pointing fingers is not part of your DNA…learning enough to make sure we don’t repeat the mistake is.